Connect and Grow.
Professional development for Asian mental health practitioners.
All sessions are facilitated on Zoom, join us from any convenient location.
Thursday March 9th 2023.
Theme: Discussing your intersectional experience of being an Asian therapist.
Thursday June 8th 2023.
Theme: Transference and countertransference when working with Asian clients.
These sessions help me feel safe to share my clinical and cultural intersections. It is a valuable space and essential to my growth as a practitioner and Asian Australian.
- Will Vuong,
Who is this for?
Will I gain CPD points?
What is the investment?
Join our lead facilitator and psychologist, Smruthy Nair, alongside our multi-disciplinary team who together have over 30+ years' expertise across trauma-informed and culturally-responsive mental health practice.Learn more about our team.
What can you expect from Connect and Grow?
We're usually joined by around 15 - 20 practitioners from all over the country, on Zoom.
An example of the session:
- 7.00pm: Welcome and introduction by Shapes and Sounds.
- 7.10pm: Speed introductions of all attendees.
- 7.20pm: Content delivered by our facilitator, Smruthy, in relation to the session's theme.
- 7.50pm: Small breakout rooms of 2 - 3 practitioners to discuss the reflective prompts outlined by Smruthy.
- 8.15pm: Whole group discussion and wrap up.
- 8.30pm: Close.
The timing and content may vary slightly depending on each session's theme and the group's emerging needs.
Just because you're a therapist of colour, it doesn't mean that your practice is automatically "culturally-responsive".
Try our quick checklist: